Sunday, November 2, 2008

Crossroads



Crossroads are amazing and scary things. They have so much potential and can lead you on great adventures or painful journeys.

I am standing at my own crossroads. It seems like more than one actually, work, life, relationships. Maybe they are tied together. Either way, I'm standing right in the middle, trying as hard as I can with my feeble human abilities to look as hard as I can to see what's along the journey of each of them. They all will contain some bit of heartache, that is inevitable. But will the joy outweigh the pain, will following the wrong path lead me to something miserable that I might not recover from?

I feel like the past 4 years I've made some monumental mistakes. Some of them knowingly, but most of them not. And although it has been miserable at times, I don't know that I would change the mistakes I've made for the lessons I've learned because of them.

I am standing at a crossroad bad decisions once again waiting for me to choose them, good decisions not pestering me to choose them, but standing there hoping I will. But they aren't giving me any clear direction. I have to choose a path, I have no way of knowing if it's the right one or not. But I will choose and I will drag those good and bad choices along with me and hope I choose the right one along the way.

3 comments:

mp said...

good luck! and whatever path you choose to take, don't forget you can always come back and try another one :)

Lindsay Holliday said...

Is one of path back to Granberry? hehe I hope so, I miss you.

Melissa said...

AW man Sandrine - I thought you were writing an ode to 'Crossroads' the movie. You know, the one Britney should have gotten an Oscar for? :P

Seriously - whatever path you do chose, just know that you have a lot of people in your corner rooting for you, which ever way you do decide to go.