Monday, January 23, 2012

Don't Waste It

talent |ˈtalənt|nounnatural aptitude or skill he possesses more talent than any other player shedisplayed a talent for garden design.• people possessing such aptitude or skill
===========================================================
I've been thinking a lot lately about talent -  God given, raw talent. I think 90% of the time when we talk about talent, people automatically start to think of those that are musically or artistically gifted, but it is so much more. Which led me to my next thought, why do we so often sell ourselves short? Why do we dismiss what we are gifted at? Is it that we are in fear of being full of ourselves, or is it simply that we do not see our gifts as, "enough". 
Why do we question ourselves? What is it about our "talent" that we are so scared or ashamed of to share? There are people with talents very different from mine, and I so appreciate that, parts of life and even my work are effected by their gifting. And even as I write that I feel in a sense that I am cutting down or under playing my own God given talents, whatever they may be.
Why are you wasting your talent? Some where someone is need of your talent. It doesn't matter that other people might have the same type of talent - There is something in you that sets you apart from all of the others. I recognize that I am saying this as much to myself as I am to anyone that's reading this.
So my challenge to you today - Don't waste your talent. Find a way this week to exercise that very thing you have been gifted with. And if you feel like you don't know what your talent is, take some time over the next couple of days, weeks, even months to figure out what you are gifted at, what you are passionate about, and then pursue it.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

In the short time I've known you Sandrine I have seen, experienced, been graced by and enjoyed many of your talents. In fact, I even have considered starting a business with you based off your many talents. Listen to what you wrote...

Dannel Gruber said...

Sandrine, you might very well not know that your BEST talent is in being creative with your words and humor. You make us all laugh. You spread JOY to others just by the way that you look at life and epress it! I love that about you! Good words my friend! Dannel