Monday, September 8, 2008

I miss my things!

In November it will be 2 years that I packed my car and moved back to San Antonio from Kansas City. What I couldn't fit into my car went into storage or stayed in my bff's Amy's parents house. (Who I was living with at the time) When I decided to move I asked Mom & Dad if I could keep a few things at their house for a few months and I'd be back to get it.

It's 2 years later. I have shoes I have not seen in 2 years. I have clothes I have not seen in 2 years. I have not slept in my own bed in 2 years. I know what you are thinking "Why haven't you gone back to get your crap??"

Well there's a couple of reasons - I don't know if you've priced a UHaul plus gas from Missouri to South Texas lately, but it's not cheap. Second - I can't drive that thing on my own and I don't know anyone who could or would have the time to drive it back.

I miss my things - I hate that I hastily left them there to begin with and I hate that I haven't had the time nor the finances to bring my stuff "home".

Today for some reason I am really really missing my madras Converse High Tops and I can see them sitting in a shoe box in the Climate Controlled Uhaul Storage Unit in Raytow on Nolan Road. *sigh

Hopefully I can get up there soon - before the full 2 year mark and get my stuff.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know someone with a truck that you can charm your way into letting him help you? I feel bad for you because I know how horrible it is being without your things and the lack of bed would push me over the edge.

Melissa said...

It's been 4 months...4 months! and my stuff is sitting in storage. I can see my winter boots sitting there and it makes me sad. I don't know how you do it Sandrine.

But, I know someone who would go up there with you and re-capture all your stuff back. Let's just say it would be an early birthday present ;)

mp said...

Road Trip!