Monday, August 18, 2008

What dreams may come

I'm not a dreamer, that is most of the time I have no recollection of having dreams at night. Not I wake up and things are fuzzy and I lose what I was dreaming about. I mean I close my eyes, things fade to black and then I wake up.

Last night though - I dreamed and it was clear and vivid and so real I really hated to wake up. And even after I woke up I had to think about it and piece together the facts to make sure it didn't really happen. It's been floating around my head all day. As the day has progressed and I've napped on and off I've lost some of the details and those naps only contained the blank screen.

My life is in turmoil right now. Not that I'm in some huge crisis, but I am at a crossroads of sorts, which gives way to stress at every twist and turn. I don't know peace or true rest. But for that moment last night...there was peace, there was rest, and there was joy.

I don't know if you can will yourself to dream, but if you can I will be visiting that dream again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you can. At least I've done it before.

Maybe you're having an epiphany or an image of things to come. That's happened to me before to.

Maybe it was Jesus sending you a little encouragement to let you know everything's going to be alright.

I know things are tough now. But, regardless of what it looks like - there are big things ahead for you & SH!

I'm excited.

Here are my deep thoughts of wisdom for you...
Hello Kitty!