Friday, February 5, 2010

How to Save An Eye...

So technically I should be busy at work. But it's a slow friday and I feel very ADD. At the moment the web department is having a meeting back in my office, since it's the only conference table. Have you ever had the opportunity to sit through a web meeting? It is an interesting thing to see and hear. The people that you know to be "normal" suddenly transform before you and are replaced with true nerds, no geeks.

I suddenly feel like I'm in an episode of Star Trek and some strange species is taking over and they are speaking a language that I don't understand, and it's scary! So in the middle of all the crazy I want to gouge my eye out. To save my eye I've located my iPhone charger and headphones and have "plugged into the matrix". I've also been perusing DSW for shoes and updating my twitter like a maniac. Which I'm sure my followers are loving.

===========

So overall, I think it's a hormonal day. I feel uber needy and already shamelessly asked Monica not to leave me when she came back to visit earlier this morning. I used to have major issues with being needy, like it made me a weak person. But as of late, I've just learned to embrace it. Sometimes you just need a hug or to spend time with people, and it's a side effect of hormones. :) It probably doesn't help that I seem to own a ridiculous amount of sad/sappy music. Some of my favorites right now are Adele, Amy Winehouse, Missy Higgins, Yael Naim, Vedera, Rachel Yamagata, etc... All are great, but really are kind of on the dreary side. To make matters worse, a few nights ago on American Idol a girl sang the Billie Holiday song, Good Morning Heartache. I love love love Torch singers, so that song has always been a favorite of mine. So it's been in my regular rotation this week. As you can tell from the title of the song, it's not the happiest of songs. After listening to it 4 times yesterday I told Monica I wanted to light a cigarette and go lay on the front lawn of the office in the rain praying for death. Yeah. Happiness and Sunshine! I need happy music!

============

A bride just came in for a tour, thus saving me from the back office and the geekdom that is running rampant back here. Maybe they'll be gone by the time I get back. :) Tee Hee!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

so happy you are blogging again

Melissa said...

LOL plugging into the Matrix. Love that. And I most certainly did love those shoes you posted!

Don't feel too bad, this morning I made my iPod play Backstreet Boys to get me out of my funk. I think it sunk even more when I realized, does anything know who they are?

Christina Buhler said...

just curious why i am not on your blog under followers?do i have to do that or do you ad me? I love reading your blogs so happy you are back!