Wednesday, March 26, 2008

WELCOME!

Here I am! At my new blog home! Hopefully this one will stay nice and neat, and will never have imperfections greater than a typo.

Here's some random news....Tonight when I got home there was a lizard - a salamander to be exact laying on the Recliner in the Living Room. For someone who lives in the country - I know that this is strange, but I have no tolerance for lizards, grasshoppers, crickets, spiders, basically any creature that's not a dog.

I'm not proud of this, but I actually had a complete freakout tonight having that stupid thing in here! I got home at approximately 8:45 and in desperate need to go to the bathroom, but because I would have to walk past it I held off going to the bathroom until 10:15 after I was sure the thing was dead.

I tried to call family. My grandparents were at church, my uncle on the other side of town - who happened to be without a car at the moment, & my Mom, who lives in Tennessee. Only my Mom was subjected to the complete meltdown which included lots of screaming and mindless chatter. My Mom finally convinced me to go on the attack, but my heart was beating so fast I knew that there was no way I could do it by myself. So I got her on the phone and made her listen, while I went screaming like a banshee across the living room with a broom in hand to attack the defenseless salamander. I managed to break the broom and cut off the poor things tail, but I failed at killing it.

So I retreated back to the middle of the kitchen where I had been standing for the last 30 minutes. Meanwhile the tail-less salamander had sought refuge underneath the recliner. I was able to hold out until my grandmother got home - hoping that once she and I got the dogs out of their kennel they might go on the attack and save us from the grim duty of finishing off our little friend.

Unfortunately for our little friend he made an appearance before we got to the dogs and Grandma went after him with the broom that hadn't been broken. I felt a little sad for him. But only for a minute - I got over it real quick.

I know these things eat bugs and save us from other little creatures, but SERIOUSLY! Did God have to make them so creepy looking? I know I'm totally irrational when it comes to creatures, and I'm thinking about getting some help. I should at least be able to kill them without a major freakout. RIGHT?

5 comments:

Melissa said...

You're a total nut case. Seriously you are. But I get it. I hate crickets too. After living in Waco for 5 years where there are Crickets galore, I hate them. Wish they would just die! lol.

But I'm proud of you for taking on such a BIG task. :)

Erin K. said...

Haaaaaaaaaaa hahahaha! I could envision the whole thing as I read it. :-) Want to come live with us and help chase the bats?? (But leave your broom in TX - bats require a racquetball racket.)

Mr. Keith said...

You over reacted? No, I don't believe it. Not for one second. I, for one, would never mock you for hiding from an injured lizard. It's just terrible what you had to go through.

Never question my parking abilities! I can park an '84 Buick Riviera anywhere I say I can. Damn it! Just get out on the driver's side, sheesh.

Tiffany said...

Wow. You really have an adverse reaction to critters. I feel the same about roaches and crickets. I am not screamer but very calculating when it comes to removing them from my home. I like your new page!! Very spring appropriate. If you are ever in East TN stop by for some homemade buscuits and gravy or Southern Comfort lemonade ;)

mp said...

ha ha this is so funny!

love the new blog.