Sunday, February 1, 2009

What's with the Sappy?

I am a weird combination of things. I am girly I love shoes, pretty things, but I hate dressing up - give me jeans and a pair of Chucks (that's Converse for you youngsters).

I love chick flicks, but I really really love movies that are about Senseless Violence (Hitman, Mob movies, Die hard, etc...)

I cry easily, sad movies, happy endings, watching other people cry. But I don't want my crying to make people think I'm soft.

I feel like I go through these seasons where I am uber sappy - maybe it's hormones. I fall in love with love. I'm listening to songs about love - real love. I'm watching movies about love. I hate that this time the sappy season seems to be hitting me about the time that Pagan Love Day is rearing it's ugly head. For those of you who forgot - I hate Valentine's Day. And it isn't a singles thing - it's a commercial - lack of originality or spontaneity thing.

Anyway, I'm super sappy this go around. I'm making myself ill with my ooohhhing and awwwing at the sweet things. There aren't any even any violent movies out right now so I could try and balance things out.

I pray it passes before Feb. 14th or I really will make myself vomit. Why does that sound like I have an issue with love or being in love? That truly isn't the case. Maybe it's just that open and vulnerable feeling that I struggle with. I guess that's not a bad thing.

I'm not sure how to end this thought/blog so I'll end with this.

SAVE YOUR MONEY. Tell your spouse/boyfriend/partner that you love them on a day they aren't expecting it, on a day that the rest of the world isn't saying it. Buy them a card/candy/flowers - on February 9th or March 29th, and do it because you want to - not because everyone else is declaring their love. Everyday should be the day your significant other knows exactly how you feel about them. Give your money to Hallmark for Birthday's instead. :)

1 comment:

mp said...

oh my gosh Adam feels the same exact way about vday. only as a huge joke did he give me a bear holding a heart one time because he hates those bears holding a heart. so poor unfortunate me gets a whole lot of nothing on vday. but i get much more on other random days of the year.

um hello? My Bloody Valentine in 3D! What about Taken? That one looks good!

P.S. i am the master at tshirts, jeans, and tennis shoes. and i've already started M on her chuck taylor's.