Friday, October 15, 2010

Just a thought

Something funny/crazy/ totally bizarre happened today. It was the kind of thing I would have picked up the phone to call and tell you about. A reason just to hear your voice and laugh with you.

Big things happened not too long ago. Once again they were things that I would have wanted to share with you. Things that I could have gotten your honest opinion on, things I would have liked to celebrate with you.

Today I was discussing the difference between love and obsession. In the midst of the conversation I said that I think I might have been obsessed, but the more I think about it - the more I think I was in love with the idea of you. Don't get me wrong you were/are a great person, but now that it's all said and done I think about the time I had "getting over you" and I think it was more "getting over the idea of you".

Sometimes I still want to call you. Sometimes I still want to laugh with you. But that chapter is over, and who am I to try and put a comma where God put a period?

It's time for a new chapter with a new someone. Time to call someone else when the funny things happen. Time to want to laugh with someone else.

No comments: